REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
“Business plan for Date Molasses and Sun-dried tomato production”
- Project Background
The Aswan Skills Development Program (ASDP) is a five-year, $12.5 million program with two-years extension designed to improve the livelihoods of 6,000 young men and women ages 18-35 in Aswan city and Kom Ombo District. To achieve this goal ASDP will focus on achieving the following intermediate outcomes: (1100) improved prospects for employment and employability for young men and women in Aswan and Kom Ombo; (1200) improved job creation opportunities (self-employment, entrepreneurship) for young men and women in Aswan and Kombo; and (1300) improved performance of labour market stakeholders in employment and employability mechanisms for young men and women in Aswan and Kom Ombo. The project’s theory of change is that by improving: (i) access to and quality of market-responsive TVET, professional skills and entrepreneur development training, and support services; (ii) knowledge of labour market needs and best practice; and (iii) the ability of labour market actors to collaborate, the project will result in increased employment and entrepreneurship opportunities for young women and men. These changes will lead to improved livelihoods for young women and men and their families.
- Background for the Consultancy
ASDP in collaboration with two CSOs in Aswan (Sama Foundation and Haganida Community Development) ASDP/TVET established two new initiatives for agri-business in Aswan governorate date molasses (Syrup) production and sun-dried tomato dryers to present the agri-business activities and its important for economic improvement especially for females.
- Purpose of the Consultancy
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop business plans for the date molasses (syrup) and Sun-dried tomato initiatives. That will allow ASDP/TVET and CSOs teams to understand more about the activity they run and to ensure the sustainability of the two agri-business initiative developed by ASDP in collaboration with Hagandia Community Development Association and Sama Foundation and to allow them continue producing sun-dried tomato and date molasses and support females at their communities. ASDP/TVET requests proposals by qualified consultant/farm to develop two business planes one per each initiative that cover at least 3-5 working seasons.
- Expected outcomes:
The key expected outcomes of the business plans include:
- Develop an inception report that outlines the scope of the work required to deliver the three to five-years/seasons terms: business plan, financial plan and detailed cash flow projection, including an action plan for the delivery of this work (i.e. outline of all tasks, timelines, and dates of output delivery) one per each initiative.
- Review the two initiatives (sun-dried tomato- Hagandia and Date Molasses-Sama) status, situation and related documents exists at the two CSOs.
- Participate in pre-assignment discussions with relevant stakeholders.
- Review of Secondary data with stakeholders and ASDP/TVET Team.
- Undertake market assessment related to the two initiatives.
- Carry out competitors’ analysis of the two initiatives.
- Review the legal situation of the two initiatives and recommend the necessary action to get legal satellite centres bylaws and regulations and come up with recommendations for sustainability of ASDP results within the two satellite centres;
- Facilitate meeting/s with ASDP/TVET Team ‘and the two CSOs to present, discuss and review the draft business plan and financial model before it is finalised; and
- finalize and submit the business plan and financial model.
- The key expected outcomes of the assessment include:
- Develop a three to five-years/season sustainable business plan for the two initiatives that includes well-defined roles and responsibilities for the two initiatives principal staff and partners. j
- Develop update and refine a three to five-year/seasons financial plan and model (submitted in Excel) which promotes the financial viability and sustainability of the two initiatives. The financial plan and model should incorporate:
- A detailed revenue generation model with realistic budget projections, projected revenue streams and operating expenditure
- Detailed cash flow projection over a period of five years/seasons
- Recommendations for sustainability of ASDP results within the two agri-business initiatives
- Risk analysis of the proposed investments.
- Expected Time Frame
The Consultant is expected to commence duties by August 15th. In consultation with the ASDP management, and the TVET Manager. The Consultant will commence planning and design of two business plans and producing the final business plans reports. The total duration of the consultancy will be 30 working days, with final submission of the two business plans by the end of November 2021.
- Consultant Qualifications and Experience
The consultant should meet the following criteria in terms of qualifications, technical competencies and experience:
- Master degree or equivalent in agriculture, business administration, finance, accounting, or economics
- Excellent understanding and significant experience in agri-business sector
- At least five (5) years of comparable experience in the developing business plans for agri-business
- Solid knowledge of agri-business activities, food safety and legal process in Egypt
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of the development context in Egypt, specifically related to agriculture, agri-business and food processing.
- If the consultant can meet the additional criteria below, this would present an added advantage: Prior working experience with OHF/AKF/AKDN.
The consultant will work with and report directly to OHF team (ASDP management and TVET Manager).
- Application Procedure
Agencies or individuals meeting the above criteria are invited to submit an application consisting of the following:
- Letter of interest, including the names and contact information of two previous clients who can be contacted regarding relevant experience, and which discloses any conflict of interest related to this mandate with OHF.
- Detailed technical proposal of not more than 6 pages clearly demonstrating a thorough understanding of this request for proposals and including the following:
- Description of methodology
- Demonstrated previous experience conducting large-scale gender-sensitive assessments, using quantitative and qualitative methods, including evidence of past work
- A proposed timeframe detailing activities and a schedule/work plan (including a Gantt chart)
- Team composition and level of effort of each proposed team member
- Curriculum Vitae(s) of all proposed staff outlining relevant experience (annexed to technical proposal)
- A financial proposal with a detailed breakdown of costs for the business plans, using the following template (where necessary, please include footnotes to explain assumptions made):
- Summary of costs
- A copy of a previous business plan work consultant participated or carried out.
- A Consulting Firm profile (if applicable).
Proposals will be evaluated only if the complete package as outlined above is received. Evaluation of proposals will be weighted at 70% for the technical component and 30% for the financial components
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following set of criteria:
Demonstrated experience in conducting and coordinating similar business plans for agri-business projects
Education and Technical Experience of the consultant/ team if any
Duration of the consultancy
Total Technical Component
Total Financial Component
XII. Inquiries meeting:
An inquiring online meeting will be hold directly after bid closure. It will be by invitation will be sent for who interested to join.
Applicants documents: have to contains the following:
– Company legal paper such (Tax card, commercial registration, VAT if exist).
– Technical offer contain all terms mentioned above.
– Financial offer contain the above mentioned breakdowns for the detailed amounts.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the subject line “Business plan for Date Molasses and Sun-dried tomato production”.
Proposals will be evaluated only if the complete package as outlined above is received.
Consultants/Agencies must provide complete contact details in their applications.
Deadline: Proposals should be received not later than 18th Sep 2021 Shortlisted applicant(s) will be notified by the first week of August and should expect to begin work as soon as possible
Any questions concerning this assignment should be directed to
Mostafa Al Amir, Procurement Senior Officer contact: 01067922282
Deadline for offer submission