REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Dissemination material layout and design
Term of reference
The Om Habibeh Foundation (OHF) is implementing a seven-year skills development initiative in collaboration with Canadian and local partners in Aswan Governorate. The project is funded by the Government of Canada, through Global Affairs Canada, and the Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC). The Aswan Skills Development Programme (ASDP) focuses on strengthening the quality and range of vocational and technical training programs, as well as professional development programs available to young women and men in Aswan Governorate.
ASDP aims to improve the knowledge and services available to young women and men as they transition from education or under/unemployment into training and from training to work or entrepreneurship. ASDP will build on the success of Om Habibeh Foundation’s Continuing Education Centre (CEC) that, since its inception in 2010, has become a leader in English language and IT training in Aswan as well as in Upper Egypt.
The ASDP ultimate Outcome is “Improved livelihoods for young women and men in Aswan city and Kom Ombo District”. Contributing to this are the following three Intermediate Outcomes:
- Improved prospects for employment and employability for young women and men in Aswan and Kom Ombo
- Improved job creation opportunities (self- employment, entrepreneurship) for young women and men in Aswan and Kom Ombo
- Strengthened local gender and environmentally sensitive labour market system to support young women and men in Aswan and Kom Ombo in entrepreneurship and employability
- Purpose of the consultancy
The purpose of this consultancy is to produce high quality layouts and designs for the knowledge products, publications and policy briefs developed and produced during the duration of ASDP’s implementation. This will serve as part of ASDP’s identity and branding and will enable the programme to present its knowledge and recommendations with the government and key stakeholders in upcoming events
- The selected graphic designer is required to manage and implement the following:
- Overall graphic layout for the dissemination document for ASDP knowledge products (shall not exceed 20 pages)
- ASDP Fact sheet (shall not exceed 4 pages) which shall include imagery, figures (graphs and tables) etc.
- Profiles/Case studies for 4 entrepreneurs
- Policy paper on ASDP efforts and contributions in closing the gender gap in Aswan.
- Scope of work
- All deliverables shall include imagery, figures (graphs and tables), infographics, charts, quotes, diagrams, or any other form of illustration that enhance the communication of information whenever applicable.
- After the ASDP team submits the documents to the graphic designer, he/she will be required to do the necessary final modifications in terms of design and layout.
- The designer shall present two different designs for the layout of the products and present four formats from which the ASDP team shall decide.
- All material shared by OHF with the consultant and obtained by consultant during this assignment will be delivered to OHF at the end of the assignment and will remain the property of OHF and will not be used by the consultant in any way.
- All materials designed shall be suitable for both e-publishing and print
- All illustrations/designs should be sensitive and responsive to gender elements and to the local context
- Final products will be in both English and Arabic
- When photos are used in the Dissemination material, the following guidelines must be followed:
- Use of age-appropriate photos
- Photos shall be obtained from the ASDP photo bank
- All photos/images shall be subject to ASDP prior approval
- Design and layout of documents shall be in accordance with ASDP guidelines which will include the use of artwork which includes the ASDP logos and/or another artwork.
- The service provider shall provide the final products (deliverables) via electronic communication (email) after uploading them OneDrive or similar cloud file transfer systems, and shall include the following:
- Original version of the final products
- All artwork used in high resolution (electronic formats)
- Print-ready version of the document in PDF (high resolution)
- PDF versions for website and electronic distribution
- Required skills and competencies
- Functional Competencies:
- Excellent graphic design and creative skills
- Proficiency in design software
- Experience in development of statistics and charts out of numbers and other raw data
- Being creative and proactive is a must
- Ability to respect timeframes and meet deadlines
- Skills and experiences required
- The service provider should possess a professional experience working with gender-sensitive projects within civil society, development field or social causes.
- The service provider shall meet the expected standards in quality of designs and final products, and meet the criteria of OHF’s branding regulations
- Keeping close communication with the communication department during the process of artwork production as well as ensuring prompt delivery.
- Proven ability to produce high quality designs for publications and pre-press capabilities for print materials including experience in producing high quality layout designs for various dissemination products; At least 3 examples of previous work should be demonstrated.
- At least 5 years of work experience in graphic design that must include extensive experience in producing layout designs for various publications and knowledge material.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Design Premium, Photoshop, In-Design, illustrator, or similar; At least 3 examples of previous works to be presented.
- Written and spoken proficiency in Englishand Arabic
- Excellent editing and writing skills in both Arabic and English
- Expected timeframe
The service provider is expected to commence on September 1, 2021. The total duration of the service will be a maximum of 30 days from the date of the signature of the contract, with the submission of all deliverables according to the following proposed timeline:
- Dissemination document for ASDP knowledge products(7-9 days)
- ASDP Fact sheet(3-5 days)
- Profiles/Case studies for 4 entrepreneurs (7-8 days)
- Policy paper on ASDP efforts and contributions(7-8 days)
The consultant will carry out the above-mentioned deliverables in compliance with AKF, E/OHF and under the supervision of the ASDP Senior Programme Manager and the Communications, Marketing and Policy Team of ASDP.
Note: ASDP team must approve any deliverable before commencing with the next one and the service provider shall be committed to provide a maximum of 3 rounds of revisions when needed before the final approval.
- Evaluation and selection procedure
Evaluation of proposals will be weighted at 70% for the technical component and 30% for the financial component. Candidates fully meeting the requirements will be further evaluated based on the criteria below.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following set of criteria:
Demonstrated experience in producing high quality layouts for similar publications and knowledge material (3 samples of past work related to be presented in Arabic and English) to be evaluated based on the design, layout, language and gender aspects)
Demonstrated experience working on projects in relevant interventions similar to those of ASDP (TVET, Employment, Entrepreneurship)
Technical interview’s outcome (to evaluate the language, design and gender aspects
Experience in working with NGOs especially in the development field in upper Egypt
Total Technical Component
Total Financial Component
- Application procedure
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit the following:
- Sample of past work especially for designs related to publications and knowledge products
- A portfolio of previous experiences with highlight on similar projects if applicable).
- All applicants will be screened against qualifications and the competencies set above.
- Shortlisted applicant(s) will be notified by end August and should expect to begin work as soon as possible.
- Please email your application to email@example.com include the subject line ASDP Dissemination products designs and layout
- Enquiries can be made to the address of the Communication Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org(CC to the previous email)
- Service providers must provide complete contact details in their applications.
- Proposals should be received no later than the 22ndof September 2021
Any questions concerning this assignment should be directed to
Mostafa Al Amir, Procurement Senior Officer contact: 01067922282
Deadline for offer submission