Terms of Reference (TOR)
Personal and food hygiene Trainer
For the Aswan Skills Development Program (ASDP)
I. Project Background
The Aswan Skills Development Program (ASDP) is a five-year program designed to improve the livelihoods of 6,000 young men and women ages 18-35 in Aswan city and Kom Ombo District. To achieve this goal ASDP will focus on achieving the following intermediate outcomes: (1100) improved prospects for employment and employability for young men and women in Aswan and Kom Ombo; (1200) improved job creation opportunities (self-employment, entrepreneurship) for young men and women in Aswan and Kombo; and (1300) improved performance of labour market stakeholders in employment and employability mechanisms for young men and women in Aswan and Kom Ombo. The project’s theory of change is that by improving: (i) access to and quality of market-responsive TVET, professional skills and entrepreneur development training, and support services; (ii) knowledge of labour market needs and best practice; and (iii) the ability of labour market actors to collaborate, the project will result in increased employment and entrepreneurship opportunities for young women and men. These changes will lead to improved livelihoods for young women and men and their families.
II. Background for the Consultancy
In 2015, Aswan Skills Development Program (ASDP) conducted a Baseline Labour Market Assessment (BLMA) aiming to identify potential sectors for employment especially in agri-business area, where some areas were highlighted. Addition to that, in 2018, the ASDP under TVET component conducted an agri-business assessment study. Based on this study’s funding that shows potential areas to be implemented and job opportunities for females. TVET focusing on establishing two agri-budiness initiatives for two crops (tomato and dates) in collaboration of two CSOs in Aswan and Kom Ombo who has no proper knowledge related to the sector related to their activity.
III. Purpose of the Consultancy
Today, TVET is working on Sun-dried tomato and producing molasses from dates through working with two CSOs . As part of the capacity building of those CSOs in the area of agri-businesses some training needs such as : 1) agriculture value chain in the respective crops, (2)personal and food hygiene, (3) contracting, (4) marketing and branding. In this consultancy the there is a need on personal and food hygiene
The objectives of the consultancy are as follows:
a) Build the two CSOs and females who are working in sun-dried tomato and dates molasses knowledge in personal and food hygiene related to Sun-dried tomato and dates molasses that allow them to improve their work
The key expected outcomes of the assessment include:
- Develop training material on sun-dried tomato and dates molasses personal and food hygiene
- conduct training for the two CSOs and females who are working in sun-dried tomato and dates molasses.
- Provide recommendations on how to enhance CSOs abilities more beyond the training
- Provide training report
VI. Expected Time Frame
Exceeding 2-3 working days within the period of December 15 – January 31st 2021
- Required qualifications:
The consultant he/she should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- From 5-10 of years of experience in are of agri-business especially in Tomato, dates crops
- Has a good and well-known reputation among agriculture entities
- Has experience in providing needed training for other projects or entities
- Has the able to work with farmers, community members and CSOs
If the consultant can meet the additional criteria below, this would present an added advantage:
- Knowledge of the development context in Egypt, specifically related to agriculture, agri-business and food processing in Egypt and upper Egypt in specific;
- Prior working experience with AKF/AKDN.
The submission of proposals, quotations and any questions concerning this assignment should be directed to: Mr. Moustafa Elamir, Senior Procurement Officer, OHF via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultants must provide
- technical and financial offers that include training agenda, training duration,
- and a complete contact details in their applications. Deadline January 9, 2021.
Deadline for offer submission